By accessing the website at http://myzoe.org, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on MyZOE’s website and app for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
modify or copy the materials;
use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on MyZOE’s website and applications;
remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by MyZOE. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on MyZOE’s website and applications are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. MyZOE makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, MyZOE does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall MyZOE or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on MyZOE’s website, even if MyZOE or a MyZOE authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on MyZOE’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. MyZOE does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. MyZOE may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However MyZOE does not make any commitment to update the materials.
MyZOE has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MyZOE of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
MyZOE may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the republic of South Africa and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the country.
Information Collected. Here are the types of donor information that we collect and maintain:
- contact information: name, complete address, phone number, email address;
- payment information: credit card number and expiration date, and billing information;
- shipping information: name, organization/church, complete address;
- information concerning how you heard about MyZOE;
- information you wish to share: questions, comments, suggestions, personal testimonies, prayer requests; and
- your request to receive periodic updates: e.g., to individuals who request it, we will send periodic mailings related to specific fund-raising appeals, prayer concerns, and newsletters.
- donation history
How Information is Used. MyZOE uses your information to understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, communicate back to you, and update you on ministry happenings. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes. We use the comments you offer to provide you with the information requested, and we take seriously each recommendation as to how we might improve communication.
No Sharing of Personal Information. MyZOE will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to other organizations. We assure you that the identity of all our donors will be kept confidential. Use of donor information will be limited to the internal purposes of MyZOE and only to further the ministry activities and purposes of MyZOE.
Removing Your Name From Our Mailing List. It is our desire to not send unwanted mail to our donors. Please contact us if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.
- Editorial Profile: MyZOE is a global christian bible devotional that prepares, equips, and engages Christians of all ages. It features inspirational teachings and bible connected events about end-times. Topics include faith & salvation, marriage & relationship, and more. The goal of each topic is to challenge Christians in their faith so they may be strengthened to fulfill the call of God in their lives.
- Editorial Personnel:
• Publisher: info @myzoe.org
- Queries: We discourage article pitches, as we rarely assign articles but we do welcome and read all submissions of completed articles. We prefer publishing articles “on speculation” (on spec), which means we review and make decisions on completed articles, rather than publishing them based on pitched ideas.
- Article Submissions: We’re looking for story-based, testimonial articles from believers in Christ because MyZOE is an devotional-focused tool. You’ll get a good feel for those articles by reading published examples. Subscribe to MyZOE at https://myzoe.org or sign up to receive a free digital issue, available at https://myzoe.org.
- Articles Not Accepted: We don’t publish anything not in line with Christians statement of faith. . We reserve our teaching and advice articles for our staff columnists.
Types of Articles Accepted:
- Feature Testimony (1,200-1,400 words): A testimony article is a compelling true story about how the writer or someone else came to salvation in Christ, or how the Lord made an impact on a believer’s life, bringing him or her into a deeper walk. The story illustrates the power of God and how He works through people, events, and circumstances. It shows how that person’s life was changed rather than telling the reader he or she should do. In other words, it’s powerful without being “preachy.” Feature articles should be accompanied by three to five quality, high-resolution color photographs to illustrate the story (see 7. Photos below for more info) and a brief author bio of 35 to 50 words.
- “Turning Point” (750-800 words): “Turning Point” articles are one-page stories similar to a feature testimony article but shorter. It could feature a salvation experience or could be an important lesson learned through a life event. Turning Point articles must be accompanied by a quality, high-resolution color photo portrait (head shot) of the author and a brief author bio of 35 to 50 words.
- “Grace Notes” (750-800 words): “Grace Notes” articles are one-page stories that show how important biblical principles and attributes like self-control, generosity, and sacrificial love are illustrated in everyday life. Grace Notes articles must be accompanied by a quality, high-resolution color photo portrait (head shot) of the author and a brief author bio of 35 to 50 words.
- Humor: (35-50 words): Humorous anecdotes are funny stories that show the lighter side of the Christian life. Anecdotes, like other articles, must be original and previously unpublished.
• “Laugh Lines” is geared toward humor involving adults, i.e. church life, pastors, etc.
• “Kids of the Kingdom” focuses on children.
- Annual Writing Contest: MyZOE holds an annual writing contest. Information about the current 2021 Writing Contest is available on the website. Each year, the top three winners will have their articles published in the website and app. Themes, prize amounts, and other details will be published in the website several issues in advance. Writing Contest articles must be accompanied by three to five quality, high resolution color photos to illustrate the article, a quality, high resolution color photo portrait (head shot) of the author, and a brief author bio of 35 to 50 words.
- Photos: Photos must be copyright-free, color digital images that are high-resolution (at least 5” x 7” at 300 dpi). If you send a 72 dpi image that’s 3″ x 3″ on screen, it will be less than one inch when it is converted to 300 dpi for print. So, it’s important that the image is large enough to convert. Photos do not need to be taken by a professional, as most digital cameras are capable of taking high quality photos, but make sure the camera is set to the highest resolution setting. High resolution print quality photos are generally 2 to 3 MB or larger. However, to ensure photos are able to be emailed, keep each photo less than 8 MB. The standard digital camera format JPEG is the best format to submit. Keep in mind that good composition, lighting, and focus are essential to good photography.
- Payment for Published Articles: Payment is rendered within 60 days of publication (the date the issue is mailed from the printer). Payment is generally based on approximate word count after editing. $2 per article.
- Formats for Queries and Completed Articles: Files may be sent via email as a Word attachment. The documents should be in Times New Roman font, 12 pt, with ½-inch margins. Line spacing should be 1.5.
- Simultaneous Submissions: MyZOE accepts simultaneous submissions. We typically keep good article candidates on file for possible future use. If we select an article for publication, we will contact you at that point to check to see if it’s still available for a “Write for Hire” contract (all rights). If so, we will send you a contract. Unless we contract an article, you are free to continue submitting it to other publications. But as explained in 11. Rights and Requirements below, once we contract an article, it can’t be sold to another publication.
- Rights and Requirements: Do not submit articles that have been published by other publications. All articles and photos must be exclusive to Today’s MyZOE, and the content must be original. MyZOE purchases all rights, not just first rights. Manuscripts should be edited and all information contained within confirmed by the author. All completed articles are subject to editing for space, style, and content. (Additional rights and requirements are outlined in an Author’s Contract, provided to writers upon article acceptance. Contracts must be signed and returned.)
- Authors must be available to provide additional information as needed for the completion of an article to the satisfaction of the editor.
- Where to Send Article Submissions: Email submissions to: in @myzoe.org
Article Selection Process
We rarely select an article immediately after receiving it because we want to choose a good cross-section of topics for each issue. Therefore, we typically select most or all freelance articles for an issue at one time to make sure the themes create a well-rounded issue and avoid repetition of a topic within an issue or with previous issues.
Potential articles will be placed in a holding file for possible future use and will be reviewed each time an issue is being planned and prepared. An article may be used relatively soon, or after a year or two, or it may never be used at all. But remember, you’re free to submit an article to other publications unless we purchase and contract it. If we decide we would like to publish an article, we will contact you at that point to see if it’s still available.
Common Reasons for an Article Being Rejected
- Wrong demographic
- Wrong genre (an article type that we don’t publish)
- Too similar to a past article
- Content not compelling
- Poorly written
- Wrong length
- Wrong timing for seasons or events. (Because of editorial workflow and publishing deadlines, we have very long lead times.)
- Doesn’t agree with the Evangelical Statement of Faith